Moroccan argan oil is gaining in popularity within the cosmetic industry. Argan oil is usable in a number of skin and hair treatments, and you can use the culinary type for cooking, as well. Common issues cured by a little argan oil include hair growth, acne, dryness of the scalp and skin, and even wrinkling. This argan tree is native to Morocco, so argan oil remains relatively scarce.
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT THE MIRACULOUS ARGAN?
Because the argan tree is so scarce, argan oil is a luxury item. Manufacturers harvest this expensive and luxurious oil from endangered trees, and creating it is a labor of big time and energy. While it is worth it to spend the extra on 100 percent genuine argan oil, it is becoming increasingly difficult due to the amount of fraudulent companies. Many scammers now claim to offer argan oil, but in reality their product is not authentic.
When you want to buy argan oil, Some oil sellers mix it with other oils, such as olive oil and castor oil, in order to fill the bottle in a more cost effective manner. As a consequence, these mixtures are not as beneficial as pure argan oil. Not to mention, there are chemicals included in these mixtures that could contain allergens or chemicals. This means that an allergic or harsh reaction to these faux Argan oils is probable.
Follow these few buying tips to ensure that you are purchasing quality, effective argan oil.
OUR TEAM’S CHOICE FOR TOP 3 PURE ARGAN OIL
WHAT TO CHECK WHEN YOU WANT TO BUY ARGAN OIL?
1. LESS IS MORE
Look loosely at the label of the argan oil. Preferably, there should be one solitary constituent, argania spinosa, or argan oil, listed. Any additional paraffin, water, or fragrances should be a red flag to ditch the bottle. These products only destroy the properties of natural, pure argan oil.
In addition, bottles of argan oil should be relatively small. Any bottle that appears large will more than likely have unwanted oils and fillers. You need a small amount, perhaps dime size, to apply to both skin and hair.
Purchasing 100 percent pure oil might appear to be an expensive choice, but it pays for itself in no time. With pure argan oil, you will need to use considerably less amounts in order to obtain the similar results as the fake argan oils available.
2. THE PRICE MIGHT NOT BE RIGHT
Argan oil is challenging to produce. The labor involved is incredibly intensive, thus making it a costly process. However, you do not need to buy argan oil that is the most expensive product in order to experience the best results. In order to guarantee that you do not fall prey to a marketing campaign, follow this little tip.
The concentration of argan oil present within the product derives the price connected to an argan oil product. Be sure to check ingredient labels carefully. Never buy a product, especially an expensive one, which boasts a low concentration of argan oil.
Many companies do their best to trick consumers into thinking the product contains a high concentration on the labeling, but a quick glance at the ingredients list proves that argan oil is the last ingredient.
3. LOOKS DO MATTER
The appearance of the product can tell you a lot about its quality. Because argan oil interacts with light, it should always be stored in dark packaging. Therefore, the bottle should always be a dark glass or material. Try your best to purchase products that follow this description in order to obtain 100 percent pure argan oil.
4. GIVE IT A GOOD WHIFF
It might sound ridiculous, but you should pay attention to the smell of the argan oil if you want to purchase high quality one. Quality, cold-pressed cosmetic argan will possess a natural, nutty scent.
Argan is present within the kernel or seed of an argan nuts. The aroma tends to be light and nutty, but it tends to be too potent for some. Typically speaking, this potent aroma tends to ease the skeptics who know their argan.
Most sellers create argan oil by mixing it with other products. Generally, these products are deodorized, which causes the product to lose its potent smell. This deodorizing might be appealing for cosmetic companies, but it tends to mask the quality of the product.
The processing of industrial argan occurs through the extraction of chemical solvents, including hexane. These processes dramatically reduce the quality of the oil. Both deodorizing and extracting reduce the effectiveness of the product.
5. WHEN YOU WANT TO BUY ARGAN OIL, GIVE IT A GOOD FEEL
You have already smelled your argan oil and taken the time to see what it looks like, now you should give it a good feel.
Here’s how pure argan oil should feel:
- Argan oil, in its pure form, should be lightweight and never too watery or sticky.
Quality pure argan oil absorbs quickly after application.
- The application of pure argan oil should never leave greasy residue.
- When applied to the skin, it should have a soothing effect. Proper argan oil allows the skin to feel soft while the argan oil gently absorbs.
- Pure argan oil will never leave hair greasy or dry, as compared to fake argan oil. You can identify pure argan oil by rapid absorption into the hair. Your hair as a result, should become soft and radiant in appearance.
Here’s how fake argan oil should feel:
- Fake argan oil will leave a fatty layer on the skin, which defeats the proper absorption from occurring.
- There will be no noticeable changes to the skin’s elasticity or softness.
6. ARGAN OIL: THE COLOR OF GOLD
After seeing the prices for Argan oil, you might think of it as a liquid gold. The funny part is, argan oil should actually be the color of gold, too. Experts gave this luxurious oil the nickname, “Morocco’s Liquid Gold” due to its natural color.
If possible, examine the color of the oil. This might be difficult before purchase, but you can at least take note of it after trying one brand. Do note, however, there is also cooking argan oil available, which has a golden brown coloring and potent smell.
7. UNIQUE QUALITIES TO NOTE IN GOOD ARGAN OIL
Argan oil is a natural substance derived from the earth, so a tiny bit of sediment is expected. In fact, sediment is a sign of unadulterated quality.
Quality oil might have a tiny bit of sediment at the bottom of the bottle and will appear a bit “cloudy”. Don’t be alarmed. You also don’t have to do anything, just use your oil as usual and know that sediment is a good sign.
8. DOES YOUR ARGAN OIL MEET ALL OF THE RIGHT QUALIFICATIONS?
Pure Argan oil is expensive, So when you you buy argan oil, you should be wary of products that appear too cheap to be genuine. More than likely, anything frugal in price will not contain 100 percent argan.
Here are some tips to follow:
- To assess your product, begin by examining the manufacturing company:
- Ensure they are a reputable producer who uses organic, quality material.
- Examine whether or not the company has been commended or awarded for using organic materials.
- You should also examine the packaging and look for a “100 percent pure,” “Raw nut extract,” or “made in Morocco” sticker.
- There should also be an Ecocert certificate and logo, in addition to a sticker labeling the product as a “certified organic source.”
THINGS YOU CAN CHECK TO BUY ARGAN OIL ONLINE
Unless you are traveling to Morocco any time soon, the easiest way to buy pure argan oil is through the Internet. This is a legitimate and safe way to purchase the oil, as long as you perform your research. Check these tips:
- Find whether the online store supports the preservation of argan trees in addition to the association of Moroccan women. The Berber Women in Morocco are the ones who take care of the preparation necessary for the production of argan oil. Thus, purchasing from an online store that supports these causes actually helps the Moroccan financial system.
- Always make sure to read reviews, Google search company names, and verify that the payment method requested is legitimate. You can always call your bank if you are nervous.
KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MACHINE PRESSED AND COLD PRESSED ARGAN OIL
Once you start shopping for argan oil online, you will notice some terminology that might appear conflicting. Machine press and cold press methods help to produce argan oil. Here are the main differences between the two.
Prior to machinery, the hands of laborers who would grind and press the kernels always extracted argan oil. This original process produced thick, rich, and aromatic Argan oil. However, it also took over 14 hours to produce one liter of oil, so generally these two methods are used, machine pressed and cold pressed:
- Machine Pressed: Argan oil created using a machine press is ideal for manufacturers. This option is cost effective, as it cuts down significantly on labor costs. Machines also filter the oil easily, so it produces clear oil that has little to no smell.
- Cold Pressed: The process of cold-pressing is much more similar to the original process. It requires the extraction of the seed by hand, millstone, or a press. This process produces some warmth, but the temperature must always stay above 49 degrees C (120 F) for any oil to be cold-pressed. This ensures the proteins and antioxidants remain intact.
Cold-pressed oil requires a large amount of labor with a low yield. True cold-pressed oil is truly a labor of love, and that reflects in the price. This type of argan oil still possesses all of the original minerals and phosphatides.
You can easily decipher the difference between cold-pressed and machine-pressed argan oil.
- Cold-pressed oil has a richer, nuttier smell that goes away within a minute or two of application.
- Machine pressed argan oil does not truly possess an aroma. Instead, it has an oily texture and causes the skin or hair to feel greasy and oily.
Chemicals and machines are notably revolutionizing the cosmetic industry, yet the original cold-pressed argan oil remains the most effective. It might be more expensive, but it offers the highest quality results.
THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CULINARY AND COSMETIC ARGAN OIL
Both types of argan oil are useful for various purposes. But, it is imperative for you to identify the type of oil you have, that way you won’t misuse it. Here’s the differences:
Cosmetic Argan Oil: This oil is the most popular version. Sellers create cosmetic argan oil using an extraction process. For cosmetic purposes, manufacturers press argan nuts mechanically without heat in order to create a nutty, light flavor.
OUR CHOICE FOR TOP PURE ARGAN OIL
Check Price On Amazon
- Culinary Argan Oil: Manufacturers create culinary argan oil using a completely different method. The nuts are roasted and then ground into a sticky paste, which is where the oil originates. This method promotes an aromatic nutty smell and flavor.This oil is full of fatty acids that promote brain and heart health. Similarly to olive oil, argan oil is delicious in salads, on various meats such as fish and steak, and to sauté vegetables.
Culinary Argan Oil
Check Price On Amazon
LIQUID GOLD: THE REMARKABLE BEAUTY BENEFITS OF ARGAN OIL
- Your Skin:
- Prevents premature skin aging in addition to preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Moisturizes skin and develops and grows skin cells.
- Contains vitamin E, which prevents scars and bruises.
- Protects skin from harmful effects of free radicals and UV radiation.
- Reduces impurities of the skin, fades stretch marks and scars.
- Make your skin elastic and youthful looking.
- Your Hair:
- Strengthens your hair.
- Revitalize and rehydrate your hair with added shine and strength.
- Your Nails:
- Moisturizes and conditions cuticles and nail beds.
- Strengthens and make your nails shiny.
HOW TO USE ARGAN OIL FOR YOUR NEXT BEAUTY TREATMENT
Here are a few different ways to apply argan oil to your skin, hair and nails:
- For Your Skin Treatment:
- Squeeze one or two drops of argan oil onto your hands and rub it on your skin evenly in a circular motion.
- It is best to do this first thing in the morning or right before you fall asleep, as this tends to generate smoother and brighter skin.
- For Your Hair Treatment:
- Apply a few drops into your hands, rub it in, and then evenly apply to your hair starting around the middle of your scalp and working upward.
- Determine how much oil to put into your hair by examining how dry or damaged it is.
- You can allow the oil to absorb into dry hair overnight and wash it in the morning.
- Alternatively, you can brush it into oily hair and rinse it out after 10 minutes for optimal shine and texture.
- For Your Nail Treatment:While treating your hair and skin, you are unknowingly helping out your nails, as well. When you rub argan oil into your hair or skin, you are also rubbing it onto your hands. The next time you use argan oil, make the extra effort to rub the oil into your cuticles for strong, shiny nails.
Starting your argan oil beauty regimen can be overwhelming, but there are plenty of legitimate options available for the most discerning of people. Keep in mind the qualities you should be looking for in your argan oil purchase, and enjoy this luxurious beauty product.
Hi. My Name is Sandra, from Worthington, OHIO, I’m passianate about all natural and organic products and there amazing healing powers. Together with Abdallah, Argan oil specialist and owner of an Argan oil cooperative based in Agadir Morocco, we have founded Argan Oil Tips. Our main goal is to help people understand the magic that argan oil can do for your hair, skin, and body.