Naturally, everyone wants to know the secret for beautiful, natural mousy hair. Look no further than right here to learn about hair oils that can take the most damaged of hair and turn it beautiful. From Argan to Amla, you are sure to find an oil that works best for you and your mousy hair.
Here are 15 different oils complete with recipes and instructions to help you achieve healthier, shinier hair.
1. ARE YOU INTO ARGAN: NOURISH YOUR LOCKS WITH THIS LIQUID GOLD
- The vitamin E present in Argan oil helps to promote healthy hair growth.
- It is an excellent agent for taming frizzy hair.
- Argan oil fights your stubborn dandruff and dry scalp.
- It is non-irritating and reverses much of the damage due to artificial chemicals.
OUR SELECTION FOR TOP 3 PURE ARGAN OIL
HOW TO USE ARGAN OIL
- After taking a bath or shower, use a few drops of this oil on your hair as a leave-in conditioner. Use the oil when your hair is still wet for the best results.
- Use this natural oil to style your mousy hair every day. Only a few drops of argan oil will last the whole day and leave your hair looking lustrous.
- Treat your hair with argan oil massage once a week for better hair growth and reconstruction. You can leave it overnight for the best results.
HOW TO CHOOSE ARGAN OIL
Only buy Argan Oil with certified manufacturer in order to ensure its high quality. Here are other things that you should know:
- Argan oil should have only one ingredient: 100 percent argan oil, Argania Spinosa.
- Argan oil has a mild nutty aroma and has light golden yellow color.
- It should be undeodorized.
- The texture of argan should be smooth, non-stocky and not too watery.
- Ensure that your oil is labeled cold pressed, 100-percent pure or made in Morocco. In addition, it should have ECOCERT certification.
- High quality oil may have a tiny bit of sediment at the bottom of the bottle and will appear a bit cloudy.
HOW TO STORE ARGAN OIL
Light breaks down the oil’s best properties; thus, a dark amber glass bottle is the only way to store Argan oil.
2. GET THICK, LONG AND RADIANT HAIR WITH CASTOR OIL
Believe it or not, but castor oil has multiple health benefits for your hair. Due to its rich vitamin E, omega-6, fatty acids, minerals and protein content, castor oil can help keep your hair to get the mousy look and scalp healthy.
You should add castor oil into your hair beauty regimen because it:
- Regrows your damaged or lost hair.
- Darken and thickens your hair.
- Prevents you from developing split ends.
- Moisturizes and adds shine to your locks.
- Prevents fungus and bacteria growth for healthier hair.
OUR CHOICE FOR BEST CASTOR OIL
Check Price On Amazon
HOW TO USE CASTOR OIL
The most effective option is to utilize castor oil within a hair mask. Castor oil has a thick consistency, so you will want to mix it with something else. Olive oil and coconut oil make for fantastic mixtures with castor oil.
Here is how to apply castor oil for optimum effectiveness:
- Separate hair into small sections.
- Apply the mixture of oils to each section of hair until all hair is covered.
- Wrap hair in a towel for three to eight hours.
- Take a shower and wash your hair normally.
- Complete this process three to four times a week for one month.
HOW TO CHOOSE CASTOR OIL
- Always purchase cold-pressed, hexane-free castor oil. This form will be odorless and tasteless.
- Re-adultered, refined castor oil can clog pores, so avoid this at all costs.
HOW TO STORE CASTOR OIL
Store castor oil in a dark, dry cabinet or cupboard. Heat and moisture can cause castor oil to turn rancid.
3. GO COCO-CRAZY WITH COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil is effective in hair treatments because of lauric acid. The lauric acid binds to proteins and protects roots and strands from breakage.
You should use coconut oil on your hair because it:
- Protects your scalp against environmental impurities and excess heat.
- Improves your scalp circulation in addition to boosting nutrient and oxygen levels when utilized in a scalp massage.
- Eliminates your worst cases of dandruff.
- Promotes your healthy hair growth.
OUR CHOICE FOR BEST COCONUT OIL
check price on AMAZON
HOW TO USE COCONUT OIL
Whenever you need to turn coconut oil into its liquid form, heat it over low-level heat. This process should not take long at all. Here’s how to use:
- Comb a quarter-size drop of coconut oil into your mousy hair. Wrap hair up into a loose bun and sleep with your hair on a towel. Shampoo your hair as you normally would in the morning for sleek and shiny hair.
- Rub a small amount of coconut oil onto your ends to add shine. Also, you can dab a tiny bit of coconut oil onto any flyaways if you have dark hair. Be careful to only use a tiny amount, as this oil can cause your hair to appear greasy.
- Warm oil in your palms by rubbing together. Rub the oil from roots to tips and then blow dry your hair to tame any unwanted frizz.
HOW TO CHOOSE COCONUT OIL
When purchasing coconut oil, keep these few things in mind:
- Color: Coconut oil should appear white in its solid form and colorless when it is liquid. If the color varies from this in anyway then it is more than likely contaminated or inferior in quality.
- Smell and Taste: Unrefined, unprocessed oil should smell and taste just like coconuts. The taste and smell of coconut oil should never be too strong or overpowering.
HOW TO STORE COCONUT OIL
Store your coconut oil in the fridge away from direct sunlight. Properly stored coconut oil can last up to two years.
4. ALMOND OIL: THE MAGIC POTION FOR YOUR SHINIEST MOUSY HAIR
The numerous vitamins and nutrients found in almond oil help it perform as an ideal hair conditioning treatment. Due to the rich vitamin A, D, E, B1, B2and B6 content in addition to polyunsaturated and mono fatty acids, almond oil can be a cost effective option for strong, healthy hair.
OUR CHOICE FOR BEST ALMOND OIL
Check Price On Amazon
HOW TO USE ALMOND OIL
You can use almond oil in your hair care in the following ways:
For the Scalp
- Work a small amount of oil onto your scalp for 15 minutes and massage it into your hair.
- Leave oil on your hair for anywhere from 45 minutes to even overnight.
- Wash and rinse your hair as you normally do with regular shampoo for a rejuvenated scalp.
For Hair Growth
To create an almond oil hair treatment, just follow these simple steps:
- Mix three tablespoons of almond oil with three tablespoons of castor oil and a bit of torn hibiscus flower.
- Warm the mixture lightly over low-level heat.
- Massage the mixture into your hair for 10 minutes.
- Work hair into a towel and leave for an hour.
- Wash hair with shampoo.
- Continue this beauty regimen two times per week for a few months. Your hair will become noticeably longer and thicker.
For Lustrous Hair
To use almond oil on your hair as a leave-on treatment, just:
- Circulate a few drops of almond oil around your palms to warm.
- Rub the oil into your hair directly and style as usual.
For Split Ends
Split ends are a common problem, but almond oil can:
- Prevent split ends when you work almond oil into your hair regularly.
- Just leave it on your hair overnight.
- Wrap a towel around your hair to keep the oil from ending up on your pillow or sheets.
- Shampoo and rinse your hair in the morning when you shower or bathe.
- Use at least twice a week for ultimate split-ending benefits.
HOW TO CHOOSE ALMOND OIL
Look for the following qualities when purchasing almond oil:
- Certified organic almond oil stamp of approval.
- Thicker consistency.
HOW TO STORE ALMOND OIL
Keep your almond oil out of direct heat or sunlight. When stored properly, almond oil should last for close to one year.
5. AMLA OIL: PREVENTS GRAY HAIR AND PROMOTE GROWTH
Amla oil boasts essential fatty acids, vitamin C, polyphenols, flavonoids, proteins, carbohydrates, minerals and antioxidants that work to strengthen mousy hair. Here are the specific benefits of using Amla oil:
- Prevents and treats hair loss.
- Prevents premature graying.
- Alleviates scalp-related issues.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Rids of scalp flaking.
HOW TO USE AMLA OIL
Go through these simple ways to us Amla oil:
Amla oil makes an effective conditioning treatment. To use it just:
- Shampoo normally, then apply Amla oil as a conditioning treatment.
- After working into your hair and scalp, leave the oil in for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and style hair as desired.
For Removing Dandruff
Dandruff affects most of us at one time or another. To prevent or get rid of dandruff, just:
- Massage oil into your scalp thoroughly.
- Cover with a shower cap.
- Leave in overnight to rid of dandruff.
HOW TO CHOOSE AMLA OIL
Most oils labeled as Amla oil are more of an oil base with an infusion of Amla fruit. More than likely, the base oil consists of coconut, almond, or sesame oil. When purchasing Amla oil, then be sure to read all ingredient labels carefully.
HOW TO STORE AMLA OIL
Amla oil stores best in a cool, dark location.
CREATE YOUR OWN AMLA OIL
Amla oil can also be difficult to find, but don’t worry. Here is a recipe for you to make your own Amla oil:
- 100 grams of Amla powder
- 250 grams of virgin coconut oil
- Four liters of water
- Bring water to boil and add one third of the amla powder to the water.
- Stir constantly and continue boiling until water is reduced to one liter.
- Strain the mixture with a fine cloth, such as cheesecloth.
- Mix the remaining Amla powder with water to make a paste.
- In a large pot, combine the remaining one-liter of strained water, paste and coconut oil.
- Heat until water evaporates.
6. OLIVE OIL FOR HEALTHIER AND SHINIER HAIR
For stronger, glossier hair, use olive oil in your next hair treatment. Olive oil is great for your hair because it:
- Moisturizes your scalp and hair, which helps make curling or straightening easier.
- Rids of you unwanted dandruff.
- Alleviates your reactions to extreme temperatures.
- Strengthens and adds shine to your hair.
HOW TO USE OLIVE OIL
Here is an easy olive oil hair treatment for healthier, shinier hair:
- Pour half a cup of olive oil into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time until oil is warm, but not hot.
- You can also add other oils, such as coconut, almond or sesame oil.
- Measure one tablespoon of warm olive oil onto your palms.
- Work warm oil into your scalp first then hair using a circular motion.
- Wrap your hair in a shower cap or plastic wrap.
- Wait anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes and then rinse your hair with your usual shampoo.
HOW TO CHOOSE OLIVE OIL
Opt for extra virgin olive oil whenever possible. This form of olive oil boasts the most antioxidants and nutrients that will help promote hair health.
HOW TO STORE OLIVE OIL
Keep olive oil in a cold, dark area. Avoid light and heat.
7. ROSEMARY OIL TO STIMULATE NEW HAIR GROWTH
Rosemary oil offers you many hair saving properties, such as:
- Repairs and helps prevent hair loss.
- Moisturizes the scalp and hair.
- Helps stimulate blood circulation when massaged into scalp.
- Rids of bacteria known to clog hair follicles.
- Adds shine and texture.
HOW TO USE ROSEMARY OIL
Check here to find various ways to use rosemary oil:
Hot Oil Treatment
- Mix three tablespoons of olive oil and five drops of rosemary oil into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 10 seconds at a time until oil is warm, but be cautious not to make too hot.
- Work oil into your scalp in a circular motion.
- Wrap hair up into a towel and leave for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash hair normally with shampoo and repeat one to two times per week. You will notice improved hair growth and strength almost immediately.
Simply massage a few drops of rosemary oil into your scalp as often as you would like for a circulation boost.
Mix it up with Shampoo
- Add one drop of rosemary oil to every four ounces of your regular shampoo.
- Apply shampoo, allow it to sit for a few minutes and then rinse with water.
- You can even do this with your conditioner.
- Add four to five tablespoons of dried rosemary leaves to one eight-ounce glass of water.
- Bring the combination to a boil for a few hours to allow for infusion.
- Cool down the liquid and use it to rinse your hair after your regular shampoo.
HOW TO CHOOSE ROSEMARY OIL
When shopping for rosemary essential oil, you will notice that it comes in an extremely small container. This is because the oil is highly concentrated and you truly only need a few drops at a time.
HOW TO STORE ROSEMARY OIL
Rosemary oil should be stored in a cool, dark place. This is why the bottle should also be of a dark or amber color.
8. SESAME OIL TO ENHANCE THE HAIR HEALTH
You can use sesame oil for so much more than just cooking. In fact, sesame oil helps lubricate, nourish and heal damaged hair. Here are a few hair health benefits of sesame oil:
- Strengthens hair and roots due to vitamin E, B and minerals such as magnesium, calcium and phosphorus.
- Naturally protects scalp from UV rays.
HOW TO USE SESAME OIL
Here are certain ways to use sesame oil to your hair for effective results:
- Combine two tablespoons of sesame oil with another oil, such as olive or coconut oil.
- Apply a small amount of the mixture to your scalp using circular motions. This will help both improve circulation and promote hair growth.
Hot Oil Treatment
A hot oil treatment can work wonders for your hair and scalp. To do one on your hair, just:
- Work sesame oil, or an oil mix with sesame oil included, into your hair after you have washed and dried your hair lightly.
- Place a shower cap or plastic wrap around your hair and allow it to sit for half an hour to an hour.
- Rinse hair again and wash if desired.
Daily Moisture Boost
- Fill a spray bottle halfway with water.
- Add two tablespoons of sesame oil and two parts of two tablespoons other oils, such as coconut or almond oil.
- Spray lightly over your hair for an immediate moisture boost.
Deep Conditioning Treatment
- Warm sesame oil either over a stove on low-level heat, or in a microwave using five-second increments.
- Apply this warmed oil to your hair with your favorite deep conditioning solution.
- Leave the treatment in your hair for at least one hour or overnight at most.
- Shampoo in the morning, or after one hour.
HOW TO CHOOSE SESAME OIL
You can find sesame oil in grocery stores, but you want to avoid this type since manufacturers design it for cooking. Instead, find organic, pure sesame oil.
HOW TO STORE SESAME OIL
Heat and other elements can taint sesame oil, so be sure to store in a cool, dark place.
9. DIY GARLIC OIL: GET SOME GARLIC IN YOUR HAIR
Garlic oil might be difficult to locate, but you can create your own. Learn how to create your own garlic oil:
All you will need:
- One half cup of olive oil
- Two minced garlic cloves
- Warm pan slightly before adding oil or garlic.
- Add olive oil and garlic together over low heat.
- Allow to sit as long as possible for the richest mixture.
HOW TO USE GARLIC OIL
- Dab mixture onto your fingertips and apply to your scalp and hair
- Not only will this help strength your hair, but it can help with ear infections as well.
10. TRY DIY TULSI OIL FOR GLOSSY AND HEALTHY HAIR
The Indian Ayurveda have been using the herb tulsi for centuries. While they used the herb mostly for medicine, it has many properties ideal for beauty treatments, too.
Tulsi can alleviate scalp irritations, such as dry or itching scalp. You can also combine this herb with oils to help make hair healthier and shinier.
Here is a recipe to create the ideal tulsi and oil combination:
- 100 ml coconut oil
- Two tablespoons tulsi powder
- One tablespoon fenugreek seeds
HOW TO PREPARE
- Slowly combine tulsi powder with water until thick paste forms.
- Combine paste with 100 ml coconut oil.
- Move mixture onto low heat and continue to stir.
- Slowly add fenugreek seeds and remove from heat.
- Cool mixture before moving into a sealed glass container.
HOW TO USE
Whenever you want to use the oil you have created, all you have to do is:
- Slightly warm either in the microwave or over the stove.
- Work mixture into hair and scalp.
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with mild shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week for stronger, healthier hair.
11. YOUR OWN HIBISCUS OIL TREATMENT FOR VOLUMINOUS TRESSES
Chances are that you’ve seen hibiscus flowers if you have ever visited a tropical area. This beautiful, bright flower works wonders when used in hair treatments.
Here is one particular concoction for hibiscus hair oil:
- Five hibiscus flowers with ample leaves
- 200 ml virgin coconut oil
HOW TO PREPARE
- Wash hibiscus flowers thoroughly.
- Chop the leaves up using a mixer or grinder until paste forms.
- Warm 200 ml coconut oil in medium-sized bowl.
- Add hibiscus paste to the warmed coconut oil over low heat.
- Stir consistently.
- Cool down oil, strain using a fine cloth and store in a glass bottle.
HOW TO USE
The most effective use of hibiscus oil is for scalp massage.
- Heat up oil mixture before using it.
- Simply massage a small amount of the mixture into your scalp twice a week for best results.
12. CURE YOUR DANDRUFF WITH CITRUS OIL
Citrus fruits contain antioxidants and powerful nutrients essential for beauty treatments. Here is one beneficial beauty recipe:
- A few lemon peels
- A few dry orange peels
- 100 ml of any base oil, including olive, coconut, or castor oil
HOW TO PREPARE
- Create powder from dry, hardened peels.
- Mix one teaspoon of powder to the base oil.
- Heat up until fumes form.
- Allow mixture to cool and store in an air-tight container.
HOW TO USE
- Work this mixture into your hair one to two times a week.
- Allow mixture to sit for 40 to 50 minutes, preferably in steam.
- Rinse mixture from your hair to prevent and treat dandruff and also add a delightful citrus scent to your hair.
13. PREVENTS SIGNS OF AGING WITH DIY CURRY OIL
Try this homemade curry oil for lustrous hair.
- One handful of curry leaves
- 100 ml of base oil, such as coconut or almond oil
- Rinse and dry curry leaves.
- Grind dry curry leaves to create powder.
- Add 100 ml base oil to a pan and heat on a low-level flame.
- Slowly add curry leaf powder and sit consistently.
- Turn stove off once mixture turns brown.
- Cool and strain the mixture and store in an air-tight container.
HOW TO USE
- Massage this mixture into your scalp and leave overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair as usual.
- Repeat two times a week to prevent signs of aging, such as premature greying and thinning.
14. REJUVENATING HAIR NATURAL OILS COCKTAILS TO TRY
Mix four base oils for a simple hair solution. Here’s how:
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Castor Oil
- Almond Oil
- Combine equal parts olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil and almond oil into a bowl.
- Enjoy this mixture as a hair mask, a treatment in between shampoo and conditioning, or in a spray bottle mixed with water for a quick frizz fix.
Better yet, add a bit of lavender or rosemary to create a luscious smell for your hair that is sure to last all day long. Store this solution in a dark, cool place for up to one year.
HOW TO LOCATE THESE ILLUSTRIOUS OILS
Now that you’re looking to find all of these oils, rest assured that you can find them in health food stores and online.
Keep your mousy hair looking and feeling young by oiling your hair regularly. Remember these quick and easy hair solutions and never suffer from dry, frizzy hair again.
Hi. My Name is Sandra, from Worthington, OHIO, I’m passianate about all natural and organic products and there amazing healing powers. Together with Abdallah, Argan oil specialist and owner of an Argan oil cooperative based in Agadir Morocco, we have founded Argan Oil Tips. Our main goal is to help people understand the magic that argan oil can do for your hair, skin, and body.